Looking for a rainy day project? Designer crayons are sure to please trendy moms and their budding artists.
Muffin tin crayons are so easy to make. They are the perfect project for teaching colors, basic concepts, and cooperation. They can be made in any shape and size. Chubby baby hands learn to grasp and color with ease.
You will need:
- old crayons (or new ones if you have a stockpile)
- foil muffin papers or silicone cupcake molds
- Lay out muffin papers on a cookie sheet or in a muffin tin. Divide old crayons by color into papers.
- Add pieces of peeled crayons.
- Be creative- rainbows, solid colors, layered colors, a variety of color shades
- Pop the filled cups into the oven at 300 degrees and let them cook until you start to smell way and the crayons turn into liquid
- Remove from oven and let them cool before unmolding
- Box them or bag them.
- Moms will appreciate the look and love that went into creating them. Kids will be entertained for hours.
- Amazon has many $12.99-$19.99 Melissa&Doug Arts and Crafts pads on sale for $4-$6. Take advantage of Amazon Mom to score FREE 2nd day shipping!