Turkey Facts To Consider:
- Buy a bird big enough to allow for a pound and a half per person.
- If you want leftovers, buy one 2-3 pounds bigger.
- The carcass does weigh a decent amount, also the neck and giblets that are included can potentially weigh a good amount too. Say for example, in a 30 pound bird, the neck weighs a good 2 pounds right there! Yes THE NECK! (Would you pay $4 for a Turkey neck?)
- The fine folks over at http://www.thanksgivingturkey.com/ have all sorts of Turkey categories (Thanksgiving, Christmas, Holiday), but they are missing a category for CHEAP Turkey.
- Please share any deals you find. At this rate Randy will be getting a pile of the 49c/lb Corned Beef I filled the freezer with on the day after St. Patrick's Day. (There is a "deal" at Yando's- buy $150 in groceries, get a FREE turkey. If you are tempted, take your $150 and run to any other grocery store. I guarantee you can buy your turkey and double the amount of groceries!)