Isn't this necklace beautiful? Simple, bit able to bring about a miracle. Tis the season for that!
Macy's has some great goals with this campaign:
- Heart of Haiti is helping to rebuild Haiti through "Trade, Not Aid." By providing an avenue for commerce and culture to create social change, Macy's is seeking to empower the people of Haiti to rebuild.
- Heart of Haiti is creating opportunities for Haitian artisans to earn income. This builds personal and national pride. Power to the people!
- The Heart of Haiti collection is an array of handmade products for the home -- quilts, metalwork, ceramics, and paintings -- created by Haitian artisans. Each item is designed by a Haitian master artisan and produced by hand in Haiti from recycled materials.
- The Heart of Haiti collection has already led to employment of 350 artists in Haiti and has provided some financial benefits for an estimated 4,000 to 5,000 people in the country
- Each item is designed by a master Haitian artist and made by hand in Haiti
- Each product is made from recycled materials.
- The collection includes 40 different home decor items and accessories
- Products include vases, candleholders, serving trays, picture frames, mirrors, coasters, necklaces, clutch purses and more
- Most items fall in the $25-$60 range
Thank you to Mom Bloggers Club for sharing this program!